Thursday, April 20, 2017

Conspiracy Theory

What exactly is a Conspiracy Theory or Conspiracy Theorist?

According to Dictionary.com, the meaning of a Conspiracy Theory is:
A theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group.


What is the definition of a Conspiracy Theorist? According to the Merriam-Webster website, it is:  
A person who holds a theory that explains an event or situation as the result of a secret plan by usually powerful people or groups.  


When, and why, did these terms become popular? According to a vast number of articles I found on the internet, it was the CIA that introduced the term in the 1960's, in the CIA document 1035-960, concerning criticism of the Warren Report. 


Why did the CIA do this? The short, and to the point answer is, they wanted to take attention off the Warren Report concerning President Kennedy's assassination. And they didn't want people to question their findings. 

Why didn't they want people to question their findings? Well, in this day and age when we have so much more information to go by, I think it has become clear to the majority of Americans that what we were told about the Kennedy assassination was not the truth. 

What better way to get people to stop talking about it than to make them look like a foolish Conspiracy Theorist? 

Today, this term is used as a weapon to make others look foolish. There are shills on the internet that go around leaving feedback on other people's blogs, utube videos and other public forums intended to convince others that this person must be a conspiracy nut and what they are saying is crazy talk... And people do it! They go along with these shills because they so do not want to look like the nut who agrees with a Conspiracy fruitloop. People so want to belong and be accepted, that they are afraid to speak their own truth or question the norm. 

Personally, I have the utmost respect for people who question the norm.. I realize there are some really crazy theories out there, but you know what? Some of the theories personal investigators come up with make a heck of a lot more sense than the nonsense we are told by mainstream media or our government! 

I don't consider myself a Conspiracy Theorist. I consider myself someone who prefers the truth to lies. I can't, in all honesty, believe the nonsense we are told. I have started doing my own research on many of today's hottest topics, as well as gone back in history to question things that have taken place. 

You know what? There is a lot to question.. 

I wish this wasn't the case. I wish our world was full of truth and honesty, but it isn't..I wish the stories we were all taught in school were accurate, that our country is great and wonderful, always the country that is in the right, sticking up for the little guy...But it just isn't. 

I don't trust a government that spends our tax money foolishly, or one that lies to it's people. I no longer trust the things we are told by main stream media. 

We stopped watching mainstream media quite a few years ago.. It is amazing how quickly one starts to question things when one stops being bombarded with nonsense.

I wonder how many people feel the same way I do. i wonder how many people just know things are not exactly what we are being told, and just have this need to figure it all out? 

I wonder how many people question the status quo, but are so afraid of being labeled a conspiracy nut or conspiracy theorist that they just go along with the flow, never making waves, always agreeing with what others consider the norm... 

How many of us are afraid of what our family members or friends will say? What will they think? How will they treat us? Will we be treated differently, made fun of, become the butt of family jokes?

I've had family members that I "used" to respect say very insulting things to me like "you can't believe everything you read on the internet Karen", in a very belittling way, as if to suggest I go directly to the dumb ass section of the internet and devour crazy, not having enough sense to decipher nonsense from things that really do make sense.

These same family members don't think there are chemtrails in the skies, either... To them, I just have to say, look up before you start passing judgement on people who are just trying to get to the bottom of what is going on! 

I just wondered how many others are out there doing their own research, finding more questions than answers, realizing something odd is going on, at our expense. 

How many people will keep their mouths shut because they are so afraid of being labeled a nut? How many people will never say what they really fear is going on because they're so afraid of getting tin foil hats for Christmas? 

I wish the whole conspiracy theory, theorist, nut thing would go away and people could be free to speak their concerns without fear of being given a label. 

For me, I really don't care.. Call me a conspiracy nut if you must. I'm not part of a group or organization, so that's really not a logical thing to call any individual who questions things. 

I'd prefer to be a called a Truther... If someone referred to me as being a part of the Truth Movement, well....I'd have to say thank you for the compliment.. I simply want to know the truth. 


I found this definition of the Truth Movement on Urban Dictionary: A growing movement of people who do not accept establishment information when it is not backed up by scientific facts and logical reasoning. 



Bingo!! There you have it.. I'm part of the Truth Movement.. 

There's just one problem with finding the truth.. That bell can't be unrung.. Once you start realizing how many things we are told just aren't true, CAN'T be true, and you start looking for what the truth is, you really can't undo what you've discovered.. At least, I can't.. 

We all have a thing called common sense. I think, when we use it, we just know, instinctively, when something feels real and when it feels wrong.. 

God gave us common sense for a reason.. 











1 comment:

Conspiracy Theory

What exactly is a Conspiracy Theory or Conspiracy Theorist? According to Dictionary.com, the meaning of a Conspiracy Theory is: A th...